The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) governs the collection, use, disclosure and protection of your personal data. Personal data refers to data that can identify an individual, such as your name, NRIC, telephone numbers, address, email address or any other information relating to individuals, which you have provided to us.
The Singapore National Stroke Association (SNSA) respects your privacy and personal data that is important to you. SNSA collects, uses and discloses your personal data for the purposes of providing and improving our services for our members as well as the public. SNSA takes measures to ensure the protection of the personal data which you have provided to us.
Please see below for SNSA’s personal data protection policy:
- SNSA collects, uses and discloses personal data for the following purposes in connection with the services it provides, to the extent applicable:
a) Processing of membership application and payment;
b) Registering for SNSA activities and events (e.g., stroke clubs, outings, etc);
c) Processing of donations and tax deductible receipts;
d) Conducting of surveys and feedback for service improvement;
e) Management of volunteers;
f) Publication of SNSA collaterals and online/social media (e.g., event photos);
g) Handling of public enquiries or feedback;
h) Recruitment of staff; and
i) Purposes related to the services SNSA is providing and/or on matters relating to your ongoing membership with SNSA.
- The personal data that you provide to us will be kept confidential. In the event that your personal data needs to be disclosed to a third party for the purposes stated above, SNSA will (a) seek your consent for the disclosure of information, or (b) require our third parties to keep your personal data confidential and secure.
- By providing us with personal data relating to a third party (e.g, your child, parent, spouse, etc.), you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of personal data for the purposes listed above. Photographs and video images taken at SNSA events may be used in SNSA publications, informational and communications materials.
- You may withdraw your given consent for any or all of purposes listed above through a written request. If such a request is made, SNSA may not be able to continue providing you with some of our services.
- SNSA analyses traffic to our website. This requires a reliance on “cookies” to remember and record users’ interactions on our website. It includes distinguishing unique users, remembering the number and time of previous visits to our pages, and traffic source information, etc. However, the information SNSA collects cannot be used to personally identify an individual.
- Your personal data is retained as long as the purposes remain valid and for other legal or business purposes for which retention may be necessary.
- As SNSA relies on your personal data to provide services and matters relating to your ongoing membership with us, you shall ensure that the information provided to us is correct, accurate and complete. You shall inform us of any amendments made to the information provided to us.
- If you would like to withdraw your consent, obtain access or make corrections to your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.